Going beyond his own constituency and his home state Haryana, Naveen has shown his commitment to women empowerment, education, healthcare and infrastructure development and is dedicated towards uplifting the weaker sections of society. It is a continuous journey of giving hope.
At a glance:
- Fifty-six 'Swabhiman Kendra-s' (sewing centres for women) functional as part of the OP Jindal Gramin Jan Kalyan Sanshtan's initiative in providing women a platform for skill development enabling income generation.
- 'Shagun Yojna' has benefited 46,900 families already through financial support and social mileage in the form of wedding gifts to daughters in the family.
- 18 K-Yans (Knowledge Yans) installed as instruments of better learning in government schools and to promote the use of technology in education in rural schools.
- Career Fairs organised in Kurukshetra and Kaithal where complete career counseling sessions have been carried out for 9600 students.
- Motivational talks held in 19 villages under the initiative 'Youth India', to instill civic sense and community spirit in the rural youth.
- Orientation done in 14 colleges, test of 400 students conducted under 'Aspiring Minds', an initiative to ensure better employment opportunities for the youth.
- Leadership Accelerating Development Programme started to enable youth to experiment with their ideas and portray tangible small changes. Since September '11 there has been 400 registrations with 35 projects funded so far.
- 332 gymnasiums installed to support in health welfare in villages.
- 235 rallies organised with a participation of 53000+ people to sensitise masses on the spirit of the 'Tiranga' and build a national spirit.
- 'O.P. Jindal Medhavi Chatravriti Yojna' scholarships granted to meritorious students from disadvantaged families, with 8448 beneficiaries till date.
- Three medical vans operating in Kurukshetra, Kaithal and Yamuna nagar, reaching six villages everyday see 800 patients, almost 61000 people benefitted so far.
- Two physiotherapy centres started in Kurukshetra and Kaithal to provide alternate therapies for improved health.
- To provide access to basic sanitation for villages and ensure improved health, 59751 toilets have been built so far.
- To help rural population through generation of employment and to have higher, sustained per capita income, agro-training sessions started under the initiative 'Krishi Mitr'.